In this article, our Serbian Colleague Associate Ana Dulovic will mention Acquiring Serbian Citizenship.
According to Law on the citizenship of the Republic of Serbia can be acquired by origin, by admission, as well as in accordance with international treaties. Duration of the process varies depending on each individual case, however, usually, it takes around a year to complete the whole process.
ACQUIRING SERBIAN CITIZENSHIP BY ORIGIN IS ACQUIRED BY A CHILD:
- Whose both parents, at his birth, are citizens of the Republic of Serbia;·
- Whose one parent, at his birth, is the citizen of the Republic of Serbia and the child is born in the territory of the Republic of Serbia;·
- Born in the territory of another state member, whose one parent, at the moment of child’s birth is a citizen of the Republic of Serbia
- and another one is either a foreign citizen or of unknown citizenship or without citizenship.
Gurcan Partners is a corporate member of:
FOREIGNER WITH A PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA CAN BE ADMITTED TO CITIZENSHIP OF THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA IF:
- He is 18 years old and not deprived of working capacity;·
- He is released from foreign citizenship or he submits the evidence that he will be granted the dismissal if admitted to citizenship of the Republic of Serbia;·
- That until submitting of application for at least three years, he has had an uninterrupted residence in the territory of the Republic of Serbia·
- He submits a written statement that he considers the Republic of Serbia his state.
ADVANTAGES OF SERBIAN CITIZENSHIP
In the case of gaining Serbian Citizenship, it continues a lifetime and covers wife, child, and parent.
- EU Schengen Region Visa Free 90 Days in any 180 day period
- Russia, China 30 Days Visa-free
- Hong Kong 14 Days Visa Free
- Serbian Passport lets you travel to 128 countries/territories without a prior visa.
- Potential European Union Member
- Big Foreign Direct Investments
- Competitive Government Subsidies
- The possibility of Dual Citizenship (Some conditions)
Schedule a free initial consultation
It is very important to proceed application with professionals. In case of any refusal may cause loss of the rights.
You can check our international team from here. We are here helping to find a solution for your legal matters in Serbia.
Acquiring Serbian Citizenship
Associate Ana Dulovic
All rights reserved. All rights of the Acquiring Serbian Citizenship article belong to Gurcan Partners International Law Firm. The author has no responsibility for the information in this article. This article is prepared just to inform.
Gurcan Partners Serbia
Check out Gurcan Journal for more articles
13 languages/ 10 countries
As Gurcan Partners International Law Firm, we provide services with our office in five EU and five non-EU countries. Please find our articles below.
We are here to assist you at all steps of the process of applying citizenship in Serbia.
Please contact us.
We will back to you within 24 hours.