FAQs about Purchase Property in Germany
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PURCHASE PROPERTY IN GERMANY
ARE FOREIGNERS ALLOWED TO BUY PROPERTY IN GERMANY?
In Germany, there is no restriction on foreign buyers whilst buying a property. For foreigners, the same legal rules apply to residents.
DO FOREIGNERS NEED A PERMIT TO BUY PROPERTY IN GERMANY?
It is important to know that buying a property as a foreigner in Germany does not entitle you to get a residence permit.
This means on the other hand that foreigners do not need a residence permit to buy a property in Germany.
For more information, you can consult our article Buying Property in Germany.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO BUY A HOUSE IN GERMANY?
Thanks to our real estate experts, we can help you find the home of your dreams. Our company also provides real estate consultancy, regular accounting services with the company, residence/work permit procedures, licenses, legal dispute solutions with our licensed consultancy firm Gurcan Consultancy.
To provide detailed information about real estate procedures in Germany please consult our article Real Estate Investment in Germany.
To provide detailed information about real estate procedures in Germany please consult us.
CAN A FOREIGNER BUY A HOUSE IN GERMANY?
Yes. There is no restriction on foreign buyers for real estate investments in Germany. For more information, you can consult to our article : Buying Property in Germany
CAN I LIVE IN GERMANY IF I BUY A PROPERTY?
The immigrants who invested in a real estate investment, have right to gain residency permit in Germany but not automatically. There are several ways to apply residency via investment. Please get in touch with us.
HOW TO BUY PROPERTY IN GERMANY?
After finding the real estate that you want to purchase, there are several steps. After the agreement, you have to get registered and pay the required taxes.
HOW IS THE PROPERTY PURCHASE PROCESS IN GERMANY?
There are 5 steps for property purchase in Germany:
- Agreement of the Parties (Please ask an offer from [email protected] to organize your contract and all process)
- The Parties must declare together with the transmission of the property in front of the notary (so-called conveyance of property, representation is possible)
- Then the Transmission will be entered the land registry, meaning that with transmission the buyer will be the owner of the property
- The Agreement of the Parties has still to be given when the transmission will be entered
- The seller must have the authorization to transmit
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO BUY A HOUSE IN GERMANY?
The cost of house purchase depends on many factors such as the city, the wide and the width of the house. Aside from the house’s price, there are several expenses that you have to pay.
WHAT ARE THE EXPENSES THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY WHEN BUYING PROPERTY IN GERMANY?
Aside from the real estate’s own expense, you have to pay;
- Property Sale Tax (In German, grunderwerbssteue): Between 3,5 to 6,5% up to the region
- Registration Fees: Around 0,8% to 1,2%
- Notary Fees: %1,2 to 1,5% (depending on the several circumstances)
- Real Estate Agent Fees: Up to your deal between the seller. These can be 1,5% to 6% of the purchase price depends on the deal.
IS IT EASY TO BUY A HOUSE IN GERMANY?
The hard part is to find your dream house. After that, our team assists you in all steps of purchase process.
HOW DIFFICULT IS THE PROPERTY PURCHASE PROCESS IN GERMANY?
It is important that in Germany to a lawyer to buy real estate. So when you found the one you want to buy then comes the part where we can help you and provide complete legal assistance from drafting the contract to the possession of the property. With our legal assistance, everything is easy.
RESIDENCE PERMIT IN GERMANY
Purchase Property in Germany does not give the right to residency automatically. There are several ways to obtain a residence permit in Germany.
Our expert immigration lawyer provides assistance for the residency process in Germany. Please contact us.
DO I NEED TO COME TO GERMANY FOR PURCHASE?
Our team can handle the purchase process with the power of attorney.
As Gurcan Partners International Law Firm, we provide services with our office in five EU and five non-EU countries. Please find our articles below.
- Company Taxation in Germany
- Doing Business in Germany
- Establishing a Branch in Germany
- Company Formation in Bavaria
- Germany Skilled Immigration
- Buying Property in Germany
- Business Immigration in Germany
- Real Estate Investments in Germany
- ICO Regulations in Germany
- Company Formation in Europe
- Company Registration in Hungary I Step by Step
- Company Formation in Serbia
- Company Formation in Kuwait
Our professional team will assist you at all steps of buying a property in Germany.
We endeavour to respond within 24 hours to your e-mails.
Düsseldorf Office: +49 211 976 35 818 (English)
Please contact us.
We will get back to you within 24 hours.